The incredible journey started when Rev. Herman Simpson and Rev. Carl Ray Cook began preaching under a tent located on Sale Barn Rd. in Shelby, N.C. Later, they rented an old store-front building on Highway 18 just south of Fallston. It was in that store building the organization service was held to establish Charity Baptist Church on August 15th, 1974. They eventually acquired some land with a house on what was later named Charity Church Road. The land for the church was donated by Mrs. Marthell Hartman. The church was built in 1978 with theSunday School rooms and basement added in 1984. The Fellowship building was built in 1997.
Charity Baptist Church has remained, through the years, a consistent Bible-believing Baptist church accepting the 1611 King James Bible as our final authority for faith and practice.
The Charity Baptist Church Pastors:
Herman Simpson- 1974-1976
Carl Ray Cook- 1976-2002
Stanley Roark- 2002-2005
Joseph Porter- 2006-2013
C. David Jones- 2013-2014
Kyeth Lindsay- 2014-Present